Set the tone for others to follow.
Yes, you get to lay the foundation for an awesome week ahead of you. You get to choose how other people will respond to you based on the tone that you set each day. Setting the tone establishes a particular mood and it defines your character and everything that you will do this week.
This week, you have the opportunity to be more powerful, to be stronger and have more confidence than you ever have before. You will have some awesome experiences this week that you can set the tone for and in those situations, you can bring energy, vibrancy and vitality to the experience and bring more enjoyment to everybody around you. You might also have some challenges that you have to overcome this week and how you set the tone will determine how those challenges work out. You get to choose how you show up in each scenario before it happens.
Remember, mindset is a choice. It's a developable skill and it's one that will make or break your week. Let's look at 10 things that you can do this week so that you can set a powerful tone each day.
1. Start your day. Start your day with some deep reading or some exercise. Planning your day, having a nutritious meal that will set the tone for a powerful day.
2. How you enter a room determines everything. This week, set the tone on the powerful scale by entering the room with your chest and your head held high with a smile on your face, ready to get down to business.
3. You only get 10 to 20 seconds to make a powerful first impression.
4. How you greet another person. Be the first person that smiles at the other person and looks them in the eye to extend your hand and give them a hearty welcome that will really set a powerful first impression. It will change the tone of that interaction to greet another person in a strong manner. But make sure that each person your great this week, make them feel like the most important person in the world because they are in that moment.
5. How you dress. Dress well this week and augment your wardrobe by adding a couple of new shirts or a few new ties. Do something that will augment your uniform or your wardrobe because I guarantee you that how you dress sets the tone and other people notice. It doesn't have to break the bank, but I guarantee that you feel like a million dollars and your energy and vibrancy will rub off on the other people that you have to interact with.
6. Lead well at work, home and play. At work lead a little better, be the first person to put up your hand and take on that new project or task. When you get home, be the first person to contribute to the chores or make the home a harmonious environment. When you're out playing, be the best person on the team to play with integrity. Play by the rules and just have a have a lot of fun. That will set a more powerful tone this week for you.
7. How you serve others. Bring a servant heart to everything you do this week. Look for a way to help somebody out in their time of need and I guarantee that they'll help you out in your time of need.
8. Finish well. We all know a lot of people that start a lot of things, but it is the person that brings a powerful close to something or finish as well that will long be remembered.
9. Be reliable to other people. If you're reliable for somebody else and you turn in your work and you keep your commitments on time (as promised). Other people will want to reciprocate that for you. You set the tone and an expectation that's implicitly set because people know that when you are reliable that they have to be reliable for you.
10. Remember, everything that you do this week is going to impact somebody and its either you cause them to think about you or talk about you in a positive or negative manner. You get to choose whether you give them something excellent to talk about this week.
Every situation you are going to set the tone with courage, confidence and strength for this week. Set the tone to one of power and confidence.
End of Mindset Monday Transcript
Leave us a comment so that we can see how you plan to boost your mindset this week. Perhaps you will choose to focus on one of the ten ideas we shared with you. Maybe you have a cool idea of your own to share with us.
I am a grower of human capability and a business builder. The best part of my life is helping people become stronger and develop their skills, talents and character in order to lead powerful lives. I have had the great privilege to study under some of the greatest minds of business, leadership, health and fitness along with the most talented Martial Arts instructors. My passion is helping people to become even more powerful in life than they already are.
Who Are You Caring For Most this Week
Avoid Failure – Go Where You Feel Smaller
Hurry Brings Worry & Haste is Waste
1959 Year Old Strategy to Overcome Procrastination
Move to the Edge of Your Capability
Spend or Invest Time?