Know Your Numbers - Samurai Innovation
Samurai Innovation
Help Your Friends & Share
The Numbers Never Lie

Know Your Numbers

Success in life and in business comes down to knowing your numbers. The main reason is that numbers never lie. Numbers don’t spend 10 or 20 minutes telling you a story, or rationalizing potential reasons for coming up short of reaching a target.

Our business in life is not to get ahead of others, but to get ahead of ourselves, to break our own records, to outstrip our yesterday by our today. – Stewart B Johnson

Know Your Numbers

Your numbers will give you immediate feedback. With timely feedback, you can make 3 critical decisions:Your Numbers Never Lie-5 Minute Clarity

  1. Stay on track – Keep the momentum going strong
  2. Do more – Do it better or faster
  3. Do it differently – Time to change the strategy

Some of the best people in the world for knowing your numbers are restaurant managers. Restaurants require hourly focus on the numbers to be successful.  With over 15 years of hospitality management experience, I can tell you first hand, numbers are critical.  We tracked tons of metrics to evaluate the success of the day. Numbers tracked include:

  • Number of guests served per hour
  • Number of tables served per Server
  • Average revenue per table & per Server
  • Average items consumed per guest
  • Average time to “turn a table”
  • Number of complimentary meals issued

Pick an area that you want to see change for the better and get to know your numbers.  The process of finding this out will lead to 80% of your success.  The other 20% of your success will come from showing up and doing the work needed to keep the numbers focused and going your way.

Click on the 5 Minute Clarity report above to
open and print your copy today! 

Please leave a comment to let us know what goals you are working on and the numbers you track.  Don’t know your numbers yet?  Share a comment and we will help you figure it out.

About the Author Shane Fielder

I am a grower of human capability and a business builder. The best part of my life is helping people become stronger and develop their skills, talents and character in order to lead powerful lives. I have had the great privilege to study under some of the greatest minds of business, leadership, health and fitness along with the most talented Martial Arts instructors. My passion is helping people to become even more powerful in life than they already are.

Leave a Comment:

1 comment
Add Your Reply